Monday, July 20, 2015

Sunday and Monday

On Sunday we got to go canoeing and I thought it was awesome especially for my first time canoeing. When we went canoeing it was fun we got to go swimming at one point and the boys the ones I usually talk about Sully and Tarrel, they were paddling and Tarrel automatically fell off the canoe. We once again came to the Wellpinit high school and middle school doing our blog. Today we went to the school so we can learn about what we have to do to go to the Midnight Mine here around Wellpinit and I think this town is pretty small. We had to learn about radiation I took notes on the things I didn't know, such as there is different types of radiation they are Cosmic, Terrestrial, Internal, and Indoor Radon. Some of this was kind of complicated to me but I started to get it, the U.S average of Cosmic was 26, Terrestrial was 28, Internal was 40, and Indoor Radon was 200 just in the U.S. The Eastern Washington average is Cosmic was 35, Terrestrial was 46, Internal was 40, and Indoor Radon was 600 which I thought was crazy. There is also man-made radiation such as T.V, Luminous dials, Smoke detectors, Fallout from nuclear sets, etc. but it was kind of complicated to think about.

We also started to learn about world wide radiation things like as you know Cosmic 35, Earth 46, Internal 40, Radon 600, Medical 280, and others 10. Thinking about this made me want to learn more about radiation and more about stuff like it. As soon as we were finished at the school they took us to go see a part of where the people we met worked it was an awesome view, then after that they took back to camp and gave us subway then we left. This guy I didn't catch his name but the guys he worked with called him Lou so I'm guessing that's what his name was but anyways he took us to the place we were talking about which was scary because I don't like heights. When we got to the point we wanted to get to he started to tell us about the place we saw one part of it was 25 ft deeper than the whole thing itself, which was 5 ft deep so adding 5 more ft to it made it 30 you know already but I just wanted to do math. We didn't get to go anywhere but there only because some of us are under 18 so we didn't get to do much after that so we came to blog.

Also before we went canoeing we met this awesome native artist George Hill he helped me with drawing. I told him that I couldn't draw shapes and couldn't shade them like I wanted to so he helped me and told me to go closer and draw it better that way. So I got to get helped with my drawing and it kind of helped but I'm not drawing places maybe behind animals I can draw I only draw objects and stuff like that but it helped I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment