Thursday, July 16, 2015

Celilo Longhouse talk

That day was a good day we got to talk to these people when we showed up at the Celilo longhouse this guy his name was Paul and we talked about sturgeon and fish they had. It took a while for him to really explain what he meant for the conversation. I think that it was a very interesting conversation I liked it but I couldn't really pay attention but I got interested when they started to talk about what experiments they wanted to do with the fish. I got so interested when he said that the fish could climb up anything if they really tried to do it. We mainly talked about what happened when the river stopped flowing back then and I guess it got complicated but there was a lot to learn during that conversation. This is one of the pictures that i got when we left the next day when we went on that hike that I loved so much.

I really want to know more about what happened when the treaty was made but we didn't really talk about the treaty. I liked staying in a longhouse especially in Celilo it was like the one we have in White Swan so I really got used to it there. Around the longhouse was a neighbor hood which was kind of not clean but not bad to the point where I didn't want to be around there. I was used to those kinds of places it would seem sad or really dirty to people who haven't really been around places like that but to me that was kind of like home. At first we did kind of community service and pulled weeds outside of the longhouse, and after left we took care of the longhouse on the inside and cleaned it well Jessica was really proud that we did that. This may sound weird but I kind of loved cleaning the longhouse it felt like I was back into tradition but that was an idea that I had was to go back and kind of help the community out on s=this tuff. I felt like I was home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment