Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Meeting the Lawyer

On this day it was interesting we got to meet a lawyer his name was Howard Arnett he was talking a lot about the fish going through the dam and then he started to talk about the treaty that happened in 1855 and that treaty was down the river a bit. he is in business law and it was really that interesting. Summer steelhead are labeled as 'threatened' by the ESH. There are 650,000 acres of the area there are only 5,300 are enrolled there and 80% live on or around the rez. 1957 the Pelton dam and powerhouse 1954 the construction started, 1964 Round Butte dam and powerhouse made, 1982 Reregulating dam powerhouse made all of these were confusing but pretty cool when I knew what he was talking about. Other than that I barely got anything he was saying he was talking about the dams and what happened there and around there I couldn't get interested in what he was saying. I don't think I could ever get into being a lawyer. I think I'd rather be a doctor still.

As we left we got a good view this picture is how I thought it looked and how I felt that it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment